Let’s teach emotions to the kids and help your kid to control their emotions.
Just because a child is little doesn’t mean that they can’t have big emotions. Those emotions are valid but we need to find ways to help them work through them as well.
Anger is a complex and difficult emotion for young children to deal with. We need to help children learn how to recognize, talk about and manage their anger.
These Calming Strategies are a great way for children to learn how to recognize, talk about and help manage anger issues, emotions or meltdowns and learn how to calm themselves down.
3 simple steps toward anger management
- Identify their own emotions
- Teach calming strategies
- Practice, practice, practice
The kit has
- 20 Emotions
- How I feel today’s sheet
- Calm down strategy book (a5 Size)
How it works:
- Talk to children about feelings of anger and different options that are available for cooling down
- Prompt children to decide what strategies might suit them best, or what they’d like to try first
- Remind or encourage angry children to make use of their chosen strategies